The educational programs of MPC are directed and administered by its Training and Certification Committee. The function of this committee is to further the objectives of MPC, which are as follows:
- The study of psychoanalysis
- The enhancement of public and scientific interest in psychoanalysis
- The support of education and research programs in psychoanalysis
- The establishment of standards and the certification of qualified individuals in psychoanalysis
- The establishment of educational programs to train individuals in psychoanalysis, and to grant them certificates upon graduation
- The establishment of collaborative relations with other organizations with similar interests
- The maintenance of a nondiscriminatory policy regarding age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation in membership and training and
- Any additional objectives that the Council may pursue.
Chairperson and Vice President for Education and Training
Peter Wood, L.M.S.W.
4572 S. Hagadorn Road, Suite 2B; East Lansing, MI 48823
Sonya Freiband, Ph.D., Vice-President for Certification
Cynthia Hockett, Ph.D., Candidate Representatives
Reena Liberman, M.S., Registrar
Brenda Lovegrove Lepisto, Psy.D.
Elizabeth Waiess, Psy.D., ex-officio
Peter Wood, M.S.W.
2093 Haslett Rd.
Haslett, MI 48840